In today’s fast paced world, we don’t always have the time, or the energy to cook there are some quick meals that don’t come full of fat and are actually sometimes far tastier than the meals we cook for 3 hours.
My first meal is Chicken and Mediterranean vegetables in a creamy white wine sauce served on a bed of white and green tagliatelle.
1 Red Pepper
1 Green Pepper
1 segment garlic crushed
handful cherry tomatoes halved
1 red onion
125ml dry white wine,
1 tub reduced fat Philadelphia cream cheese or similar.
- Slice chicken into small strips, place in a pan and cook through. Slice Peppers and onion, halve cherry tomatoes and crush garlic. Once the chicken is cooked through, add the vegetables and soften until tender, but not floppy.
- Add the white wine and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the cream cheese, stirring constantly; the sauce will gradually thicken as the cream cheese breaks apart. Once the sauce has thickened, gently continue to simmer stirring occasionally.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and place 2 bundles of tagliatelle per person into the water you are ideally aiming for 1 of each colour per person. Cook through, drain and serve. This meal serves around 4-6 people.
The above recipe is great for entertaining and is also great for vegetarians, just replace the chicken with quorn or leave it out completely.
Warm Sea Food Medley – This is one of my favourite dishes as the dish takes no time to prepare and only needs about 15-20 minutes in the oven, meaning you can get sorted while it takes care of itself.
It’s lovely with a salad for a nice light lunch or dinner, or you could have it with lightly buttered new potatoes with herbs for a more satisfying meal.
a hand full of prawns cooked and peeled
5g low fat butter
10ml of dry white wine
½ a white onion very finely diced
1tsp crème fraiche.
- On a piece of foil around 2x larger than the fillet, place the salmon, spread the butter on the fillet, add the prawns and onion
- Drizzle the wine over the top and place the crème fraiche in the centre, loosely wrap the foil in to a parcel so as to not lose any of the sauce, and place in to a pre heated over at 200c for 15-20 minutes.
- If you are having new potatoes, place 5 or 6 per person into a pan of boiling water at the same time and simmer for 15-20 minutes. This is a single serving dish, however, is easy to make for more.